Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea dislocated a finger while on international duty with Spain.
The Spanish Football Association confirmed the 24-year-old will miss the Euro 2016 qualifier against Belarus in Huelva on Saturday.
He will be assessed by the Spain team doctors before a decision is made on whether to send him back to his club.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has already been ruled out of the Group C match with a hamstring injury.
“David de Gea was forced to stop training after suffering an injury to the fifth finger of his right hand,” read statement on the national team’s website.
“Having suffered a similar situation in the past, De Gea will remain with the squad and will wait to see how he improves.”
Breaking news magazine
- “Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team” Ramadan Campaign Kicks Off and Ramadan Special Livestream Announced!
- 6 unique Mocktails debut at Euro Super Juices event in Dubai
- Abu Dhabi based LuLu Financial Holdings appoints former ADGM FSRA CEO Richard Teng to its Board of Directors
- GLIDE Launches Inaugural Awards for Disease Elimination
- Africa’s Best Corporate-Startup Collaboration Accelerator, Startupbootcamp AfriTech, Now Open for Applications from the Most Disruptive Startups
- SunMirror AG Announces Successful Placement of a Convertible Bond in the Equivalent Value of USD 10 Million
- Agthia Embarks on Transformational Journey with its Strategy to Become an F&B Leader by 2025
- The Health Bank (THB) launches Diabetes Management Program on World Health Day
- Africa Finance Corporation’s Total Assets Grow by 20% to US$7.36 Billion in 2020
- “Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team” Celebrates Release in Iraq with Mobile Carrier Zain Iraq and Special Campaign
- Dabur International signs Heba Magdi as the new brand ambassador for Dabur Amla Hair Oil
- Pacific Prime Dubai Receives Allianz’s “Top Individual Sales” Award In 2020