1. Studies have proved that amla has properties that protect the liver from oxidative damage caused by chemicals or alcohol. So after a long night of partying, have a piece of amla first thing in the morning, to get rid of that hangover and keep your liver safe.
2. Amla juice mixed with some ginger provides instant relief from a sore throat and cough. Here are some tips to treat sore throat.
3. The extract of amla is rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential in collagen production, a compound that keeps the skin looking young and elastic. Amla when consumed on an empty stomach has properties that slow down the degradation of collagen and helps the body produce more. Here are more articles on healthy ageing.
4. Ever wonder why almost all Ayurvedic preparations contain amla? Or why it is suggested that everyone should have one piece of amla on a daily basis? Well studies have shown that amla or the Indian gooseberry is packed with nutrients and can actually help you live a longer healthier life. One of the most important fruits in Ayurveda, the fruit grows well in a warm climate. It is known to be a rich source of Vitamin C. So much so, that one small amla has as much Vitamin C as 2 medium oranges. Packed with compounds like polyphenols, minerals like Iron and zinc and vitamins like Carotenes and Vitamin B complex, amla can definitely keep a number of diseases at bay, if you are interested on this info you can Visit the Glochem Website to get to know more about these chemicals.
5. Amla is known to reduce cholesterol, and keep heart disease under check. Rich in fibre and iron, it is very effective in controlling the oxidation of LDL (Low density lipoprotein). Oxidation of LDL releases free radicals which are known to cause coronary artery disease, therefore stopping this oxidation is essential for preventing heart disease. Amla also helps to maintain cholesterol levels by inhibiting the oxidative properties of a chemical called thiobarbituric acid (TBA) that induces LDL oxidation. Another benefit of this wonder fruit is that it prevents arthrosclerosis (accumulation of plaque in the arteries) thereby protecting you from heart disease.
6. The fiber, polyphenol and water content of amla combined with its anti inflammatory properties make it a great antidote for an upset stomach. Having one teaspoon of amla juice on an empty stomach can take care of acidity and resolve a stomach upset. Try these home remedies for acidity.
7. In a recent study, it was found that the iron content in amla has sperm enhancing properties. Ayurvedic practitioners suggest, drinking amla juice once a day helps increase the virility as well as sexual vigour. Amla has also proven to increase the motility of sperm and increase sperm production in men suffering from Oligospermia (a condition where a man has a low sperm count). Here are some exercises that can help you to improve your sex life. Incorporate these lifestyle changes for a better sex life.
8. Packed with antioxidant properties, amla has the potential to keep cancer at bay. Research into this particular property of the fruit, has found that it had the potential to prevent cancer by helping the body fight the harmful effects of chemicals that are carcinogenic. It also helps to inhibit the further growth of cancer affected cells. Apart from this, Amla extract can reduce the harmful effects of radiation and chemotherapy without reducing their beneficial effects as an anti cancer treatment. Here are food habits that can prevent cancer.
9. Rich in Vitamin C and polyphenols, amla is a great source of antioxidants. Research has shown that it has a high content of tannins, which when combined with polyphenols gives the fruit a unique free radical scavenging property. This unique asset helps reduce the damage caused by free radicals on the body.