Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea dislocated a finger while on international duty with Spain.
The Spanish Football Association confirmed the 24-year-old will miss the Euro 2016 qualifier against Belarus in Huelva on Saturday.
He will be assessed by the Spain team doctors before a decision is made on whether to send him back to his club.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has already been ruled out of the Group C match with a hamstring injury.
“David de Gea was forced to stop training after suffering an injury to the fifth finger of his right hand,” read statement on the national team’s website.
“Having suffered a similar situation in the past, De Gea will remain with the squad and will wait to see how he improves.”
Breaking news magazine
- How to choose your ‘safe vehicle’? RoadSafetyUAE & Drive Ninja Partnership
- DMS’ media partner Dailymotion launches powerful video solution at no extra cost for Publishers & Broadcasters
- Honda Motor Co.(Middle East and Africa) Announces the Biggest Launch of the Year
- Universal Peace Federation: From Pandemic to Peace: Become an Ambassador of Change
- OAG and IATA Strengthen Data Partnership to Combat Market and Schedule Volatility
- Ecoppia Strengthens Its Presence in the Middle East with a first Project in Egypt
- HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman Announces Soudah Development Company (SDC)
- Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Permanent Residency or Citizenship by Investment in Europe
- Hillstone Networks Breaks Barriers for Data Center Security
- HALCON Unveils UAE’s First Air Defence Missile
- NIMR Signs Strategic Teaming Agreement with Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI)
- Exclusive Partnership Between Kaplan and ConnecME Marks a New Era of Educational Solutions in the Middle East